Saturday, February 27, 2010

Midnight Update

It should be noted that I like to appear tough. 
At all times.

This is one of those times (which occur more than I'd like these days) that I'm quite frazzled.
Just got in from friends house (who happens to live 5 minutes away), to find the whole road (in the middle of the night) blocked by a wall of fire.

Now if any of you guys know anything about Bahrain, you would have heard, that as of late protests have been increasing, and taking a less passive form. 
Now I've studied, read extensively, seen the aftermath daily and know quite a lot about the tire burning methods that are used by dissenters. 
But I have to admit it's really frightening firsthand. 

Though what frightened me more was that there were only two officers on the scene taking pictures and looking around.  Granted, I tried to get out of there as fast as I could (and can't make a definitive observation), but the whole thing scared me a bit.
I don't know.
And I always thought that I would end up working in a war zone.
After tonight I'm not quite sure.

I'm no expert....(ok maybe a baby one) but there may be better ways to protest government policies (not that I'm advocating that).  I was there for a few minutes, and have been wheezing ever since. 
Just imagine what the children (or the adults for that matter) in the area have developed as a result of all that burning tar and tires.
Just a thought. 
And a midnight update.

Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

  1. There is a better way. The problem is that no one really knows what it is yet. And so people get irrational. The thought process goes like this - "they won't listen unless we do [insert something that is probably a terrorist act here]"
    This happens because time after time, rationality has failed because it fails to get the attention of people who can make change.

    Protesting is easy - Logic and thought is not.

    ReplyDelete