Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Revelations Come in the Shape of Chocolate Cakes

Hi Guys,

I hope everyone is doing fabulously, and that the New Year has really brought a change in tempo.
I've been in a bit of a cooking frenzy for the past few days, culminating in experimenting with 8 new recipes yesterday (mostly sweets- i find them more gratifying when done!)
It's definitely fun, but more than anything exhausting if you don't know your limit.

One of the things I've tried (which I thought you all might be interested in) is a relatively new invention called the 'mug cake'. Besides its awkward sounding name, this cake is amazing at what it's supposed to do.  It's basically a personal chocolate cake that's assembled in about 5 minutes (with ordinary things you should have in your kitchen) and cooks in ..... wait for it..... a minute and a half max! I know!
Madness.

You can find it here on Not Quite Nigella.
To tell you the truth I was quite shocked by the outcome. I was most definitely not expecting that.  IT turned out fluffy and rich (though you have to be careful not to over cook it (as it comes out rubbery). Since I didn't have any other cocoa in the house I used Nesquik, which turned out great, but if you're planning on using a sweetened cocoa then I suggest you put in less sugar!
Other than that it was fabulous and I happened to find a jar of Betty Crockers chocolate spread and inconspicuously put some on top.... Just perfect of a late night craving!

Anyway, thank you guys for continuing to stick by me and I promise I'll try and get something up soon!
Lyla.

No comments:

Post a Comment